Angus Willson: skills and knowledge
– varied and successful teaching career;
– experience of management at a senior level;
– activity within both the public sector and the commercial, business environment;
– developed coherent and compelling educational programme from diverse and common interests in high profile collaboration;
– liaison and participation with a range of local and national organisations;
– experienced in establishing and developing a co-owned limited company
– demonstrated ability in inter-personal and professional relationships with people at all levels;
– experience of institutional development and change;
– engaged in planning, policy and budget management;
– established, monitored and reported on development plan;
– completed post-graduate level research and study in the field of adult and workplace learning.
– shown positive and supportive leadership;
– taken an active role in training and staff development;
– dissemination of ideas and materials;
– flexibility and initiative in both teamwork and autonomous situations.
– contemporary appreciation of curriculum and school management issues;
– curriculum specialism of geography and education for sustainable development;
– observation in diverse interests across whole school and college curriculum;
– personal commitment to lifelong learning.
– provided professional advice on matters relating to educational issues for a variety of audiences;
– applied opportunities to influence an outcome and negotiate effectively;
– proven ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms.