More occasional ramblings on my music…
Over on Facebook I had a couple of music friends doing the “display one-a-day, without comment, the cover of your ten go-to albums” and I decided to think about it too. I used the opportunity to try the Bumber tool to schedule the FB posts. This was to help with another project. It worked very well although I hit the ‘free-option’ limit of ten posts. I have found that even with my limited use of social media the time of posting is critical in terms of response. Also, with the variable lag-time, there is little point in following an important post with other items. I have muted people on Twitter who fire-off a sequence of ten re-tweets. Flooding other people’s timeline is a social media sin.
- Truth – Jeff Beck
- Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band – Live 1975-1985
- Dixie Chicks – Home
- Eliza Carthy and Norma Waterson – Gift
- Jimi Hendrix Experience – Electric Ladyland
- Neil Young and Crazy Horse – Zuma
- Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
- Santana – Supernatural
- Rolling Stones – Exile on Main Street
- Ted Hawkins – Unstoppable
There will always be omissions and done on another day it would have others not included here. Oh, my where’s ‘Astral Weeks’ and ‘Automatic for the People’?
I was in trouble with FB ‘community standards’ for posting the Electric Ladyland nude front cover and they even rejected my appeal. Otherwise, it generated some ‘likes’ and favourable comments from a few friends. Also, I pursued a few albums from other people’s lists.
Margaret did her own list, before she saw mine, and it had some happy similarities with and variations on my list.
- Elton John – Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
- Isao Tomita – Snowflakes are Dancing
- Supertramp -Crime of the Century
- Queen – Made in Heaven
- Show of Hands – Country Life
- Neil Young – Harvest Moon
- Fleetwood Mac – Tusk
- Peter Frampton – Comes Alive!
- Tina Turner – Simply the Best
- Rod Stewart – Every Picture Tells a Story